Whether you are an wine aficionado or simply enjoy wine, we have something for you. Most evenings guests have the opportunity to join Les or Julian in the wine cellar for a Debunking de wine, a light-hearted ramble through Bordeaux wines and a wine tasting.
Debunking Of Wine
This hour and a half coached tasting and wine presentation is aimed at people who enjoy wine and are interested in enriching this pleasure. We debunk all things pretentious and get down to basics. You will learn:
- How to read Bordeaux wine labels
- How to store, present and serve wine
- How to see the age and alcohol intensity of wine
- How to liberate and capture the bouquet of wine
- The anatomy and the techniques of tasting
- About pairing food with wine
- How to tell the year of the wine in the glass
The wines we focus on, are the classic red Bordeaux blends, but much of what we cover is equally applicable to other wines. We meet in the cellar at 6:30pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays or by special arrangement at other times. The presentation includes tasting at least three Bordeaux wines, whereafter you may stroll to a nearby restaurant for dinner.
The rate is €37 p.p.
Wines of Bordeaux
This two day course is aimed at wine aficionados who wish to enhance their knowledge in depth, specifically with regards to the wines of Bordeaux. We cover the following aspects:
- History of French wine
- How to read French labels
- Wine laws and AOC
- Terroir and Viniculture
- Vinification – techniques and trends
- Grapes varieties and the art of blending
- Chateaux that shaped Bordeaux
- Food paring with Bordeaux blends
Our courses are tailor-made and adjusted to your level of wine knowledge. Course dates can be scheduled to your convenience for groups of at least four participants. Participants receive a “Blaye Wine Academy” course completion certificate.
Please enquire about dates and rates email!